Friday, March 25, 2011

Spanish Rice (Tomato Rice)

Wahoo! Food blog....this is gonna be good :)
I've been trying out random recipes
off of the internet so I can use my pantry more,
(plus I'm sick of everything else)
and I found this rice recipe I liked:

Spanish Rice
Low-Fat Spanish Rice
Yield: 3 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

Ingredients

  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1  cup  uncooked instant rice
  • 1  cup  chopped onion
  • 2/3  cup  diced green bell pepper
  • 1/2  teaspoon  prepared mustard
  • 1/4  teaspoon  pepper
  • 1  (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
  • 1  (5.5-ounce) can tomato juice

Preparation

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add rice, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Because I had so much, I've had to
eat it a few times.  So, I changed it up
a bit by adding chicken and olives.
It will just depend on what you like! :)
(P.S. it's basically tomatoes and rice
...but still really good)

No comments:

Post a Comment