Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bread

It's not fancy, but I finally have a recipe to make good bread in Wayan.  I don't know how all the elevation stuff works ( we are at about 6500 ft.), but this is the best for me.

1/3 cup yeast
6 cups hot water
1 cup sugar
combine and let the yeast start working

1 cup canola oil
1 cup powdered milk
3 T. salt
warm the oil & then add the milk & salt

Combine them both in my Bosch mixer & add flour until the dough pulls away from the edge of the bowl.  It is anywhere from 12-15 cups.  I let it rise several times - more if we have scones, which is 90% of the time.  I have to keep chasing the boys around home away from the dough.  Bake @ 325 for 40 min.

Looks like this right out of the oven,

then we butter the top - because mom always did it - right?

slice it up,

...and even more butter - Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment